Wednesday, December 06, 2006

'Rator Ready


Finally kegged my all-grain IPA today. By the time I bottled a six-pack for posterity, and allowed my full siphoning ineptitude to manifest itself (I've asked Santa for an auto-siphon), I only got about 3.5 gallons in the keg. I don't think I had much more than about 4.5 gallons of wort to begin with. In hindisght, that would explain why my OG was right on even though I really didn't sparge well. And by well, I mean at all.

In any case, it tastes great warm and uncarbonated, so I think it's going to be excellent by the time I get around to drinking it for real. Hopefully that'll be this weekend, before finals start. Or maybe I shouldn't be hoping for a 3.5 gallon supply of beer situated awfully close to my bed until after finals. Time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home