Saturday, September 02, 2006

Less fun than bottling...

So I've had my plastic fermentor for more than a year and a half now. It's served me well, but it's strating to yellow and it takes more and more bleach to get the smell of the last batch out of it. As you know, I've been thinking about going all grain ever since I saw my neighbor Bob make a batch. I followed, more or less, Charlie Papazian's instructions on how to make a ver simple mash/lauter tun out of my old fermentor and my priming bucket. For the first step, I drilled about 3 zillion little holes in the bottom of the fermentor. It took forever and was way tedious. I'll post more pictures of the whole setup when I actually get around to mashing/brewing. That might be next weekend, or maybe the weekend after that. This whole law school thing has been exhausting. And a lot of work.

Anyhow, here's my new lauter tun. Fast, cheap, and easy. Well, not really fast or easy, but cheap.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home