Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mini-mash

BD and I had a conversation today about mini-mashing. I know Papzian talks about it some, and every Clone Brews or Beer Captured recipe lists the ingredients for mini-mash versions of the same beer. Here's a link I found. Pretty straightforward, but a couple good tips on how to keep it simple. A lot of the other discussions I've found, such as those on Northern Brewer, get quite complex. I don't think half the shit they talk about really matters in a 5 gallon batch, especially when we're talking a partial mash.

Anyhow, BD, keep us posted on your progress. I'm interested to hear...and eager to get back brewing myself. One question I failed to ask the admissions office at Vermont was the location of the nearest homebrew store...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home