Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wisconsin

So I made it home. After a frantic couple of weeks, I finally left DC this past Thursday, and made it to BD's later that night. I left behind a few brews, and helped myself to a #10. Wasn't sure what it was, but it was good. BD is good at making his beers clear, crisp, and heady. I like it. Arrived in Ashland on Friday night.

Turns out my parents' neighbor is a homebrewer, and today was a brew day for him. I went over and watched him brew. He's an all-grain brewer. It was interesting to watch the process. It was the first time I've ever watched another brewer brew any batch, let alone an all grain batch. Bob, my neighbor, was also kind enough to give me a 7.5 gallon aluminum brew pot. It's more than twice the size of my current kettle, and while aluminum, will allow me to boil full batches all at once. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

And lastly, we've had a major drought of brew-related postings. Get to it. I know we all, myself included, are drinking far more than this blog would indicate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home