Monday, May 01, 2006

Mmmmm. Belgian fries.

Spent the afternoon up in Baltimore yesterday, hanging out with Stacy and a coworker. We first checked out some sailboat races in the inner harbor. Then we went to this awesome microbrewery near Penn Station. I had a Green Peppercorn Belgian Trippel, apparently named so because it has green peppercorns in it. I don't know what flavors peppercorns may impart. I just know it was really tasty, beautifully blond, crisp with a hint of spicyness, and that I was a little tipsy when I stood up after having just one 25cl glass. Weighs in at about 10% ABV.

They also had these fries. Ooooh those fries. Shoestring fries, cooked in truffle oil, soaked in garlic and rosemary, accompanied by fresh mayonnaise. So good. Thankfully, I can still taste them, despite having brushed my teeth more than once since then. Unfortunately, everyone I encounter can taste them, too.

Here's the website:

http://www.belgianbeer.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home