Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday = Good Brewday

In an unforseen act of compassion, my boss let us out early today. So instead of doing any of the millions of other things I could/should have been doing, I brewed.

This is going to be pretty much the same as the bachelor party IPA, except, because I'm retarded, I didn't have the pound of crushed Crystal 20 BD's recipe calls for. So here's what I had:

6.6 lbs Muntons light syrup
3 oz whole Amarillo hops (bittering)
1 oz " (flavor)
White Labs British Ale yeast (WL005)

I'll give it a week or so in the primary, rack to the secondary, and dryhop with 4 oz whole Amarillo hops, and let it sit there until I have an open keg. As I write this, though, I'm thinking I might want to use 2 oz hops in the secondary, and save the last 2 oz for the keg. I kind of liked having the beer constantly in contact with the hops. We'll see.

This was probably my fastest brew ever. From start through cleanup, it was about 2 hours even.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

2 hours, is that pr?

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home