Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wino

Well dudes, I did it. I made my first batch of wine. Katie and I bottled it on Monday, a Riesling that tasted pretty good, a bit watery, but pretty good. It turns out that wine making is WAY easier than beer. No boiling, no chilling, just pouring, mixing and waiting. The kit said it should be ready in 1-3 months, so we're looking forward to trying it then, if it's no good I guess we'll have a lot of bad wine....28 bottles.
In other brewing news, I'm thinking of investing in a propane burner. My fancy big pot that Katie got me for x-mas totally scorches the stove whenever I brew, which is a pain in the butt and looks like crap. So, I have been on a brewing hiatus until the problem can be solved and brewing outside would solve it. I haven't decided whether to go with the cheaper ($50) Turkey fryer style, or the more expensive ($100) but more efficient Hurricane Burner. The nicer one uses about a half as much propane, which will pay off I guess......we'll see how long it takes me to come up with the money, maybe I'll just take out more student loans.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home